12 May 2007 - 11:23
  • News Code: 104349

Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) has reached 130-m thick gas-saturated sandstone reservoirs at 3,378 m with its 6-ESS-168 well in Camarupim offshore field in the Espirito Santo basin.

The well, which was drilled in the Espirito Santo Sea in the BM-ES-5 exploratory concession, is being drilled nearly 37 km off the Espirito Santo coast in 763 m of water.


Petrobras, with a 65% stake, operates the block in partnership with El Paso Corp., which holds the remaining 35%.


These preliminary results confirm that Camarupim field extends to the north; commercial viability of the field was declared in late 2006 (OGJ Online, Dec. 29, 2006). The field was discovered with the 4-ESS-164A well, which detected 112 m of gas-containing reservoirs.



News Code 104349

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
2 + 14 =